Below is her picture of the finished cake:
Since she already had the tiara, I ended up making the "1st Birthday Princess Saalaya" sign, the hearts, the flowers, the butterflies, the lilac pearls around the base of the cake, and the cake board. Everything was pink and lilac, but the pictures make the lilac look a little bluish. I mixed both the pink and lilac fondant colors. Once I finished everything, I meticulously packed everything inside jewelry boxes before I packaged everything in a larger box and ended up having to make my own box to mail the cake board.
Here are the butterflies, hearts, and flowers I placed in the jewelry boxes. The butterflies have pink shimmer on them and the hearts and flowers were powdered with lilac shimmer.
I rolled the lilac pearls for the base individually, and I definitely underestimated the amount of time it would take me since I wanted every pearl to be smooth and similar in size. It ended up taking 1 1/2 hrs!
Fondant letters were not as easy as I thought they would be because the letters are so slim and soft and stretch out easily. I had to redo many of the letters and keep "ironing" out the heart to make sure the heart was large enough to fit all the letters.
For the board, I hand-painted all the butterflies and hearts in edible colors and glued a pretty pink ribbon around the edge. My client sent me a picture after she put everything together. I thought everything turned out beautifully!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRINCESS SAALAYA!