Thursday, February 24, 2011

Doraemon - Robotic Cat from the Future

Doraemon, a robotic cat from the future, is a famous Japanese comic book character and a definite favorite of my brother's.  He suggested we make the iconic cat, and once we had the idea in our head, we couldn't rest until we turned Doraemon into a cake treat!

I'm frequently asked: 1) how long do these projects take, and 2) where and when do you find the time?  My answers are: 1) it varies from project to project, but generally, if we're creating something completely from scratch, there is about a 2 hr brainstorming, researching, designing, and prototyping session before we actually start a batch of something, and 2) we don't really "have the time" but we're passionate about our creations, so for right now, the time we spend working on projects is on weekends and at least a couple of times during the weekdays; today I went straight from work to my sister's house around 4:30 pm (work for me starts at 8 am and lunch is usually a 25 minute working lunch), and I didn't get home until after 11 pm (hence my 1 am posting).  However, we wouldn't be doing this if we didn't enjoy it so much!

These Doraemon (or should I say Dorae-men), were made on Monday; I just haven't had the time to post them until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment